It’s that time of the term/semester/year when we have gone through half the term/semester/year and some of us may slowly be losing motivation to keep doing whatever it is that we do. Whether it be studying, working, practicing our music, sport, etc., some, like me, might find themselves slowly slacking off and not putting in as much effort as we ought to. Maybe it’s the change in weather, or maybe our physical bodies are slowly getting weary. Whatever the reason, I am finding a lot of people are struggling to keep motivated these days.
So I thought I would point out a few tips to help you stay motivated/regain your motivation (and it will also help me immensely too!)
- Set yourself some short-term and long-term goals. This way you will have something to look forward to and work towards. You can also get a fair idea of what you have to do in order to achieve these goals.
- Reward yourself. Yes, every once in a while, we do need a bit of a reward to help keep us going. Whether it be a relaxing day out at the park, some fun sports, a day at the beach, or retail therapy, little rewards will help keep you motivated to continue with your journey in reaching your goals.
- Sometimes reading some motivational quotes or drawing motivation from others (role models) is a good way to help keep yourself motivated.
- Take a break, have a Kit-Kat. When things seem overwhelming and hard to handle, relax, don’t panic, and take a break before resuming. Not taking breaks will cause stress and anxiety!
- Think positively! Everybody knows that a positive attitude is a great way to keep one motivated as well as happy and healthy, so don’t be down even if you are not performing your best, and stay positive!
Hope this helps you to stay motivated!